Tulane offers both merit and need-based aid programs. All admitted students are considered for merit-based scholarships, and the review process is need-blind. Several need-based aid awards and programs are also available through our Office of Financial Aid.
Merit-based Scholarships: All freshmen applicants are considered for partial merit scholarships ranging from $10,000 to $30,000 per year. Additionally, there are four merit scholarships that require supplemental materials and have special application procedures: the Deans' Honors Scholarship, The Paul Tulane Award, The Stamps-Tulane Scholarship and The Community Service Scholarship
Need-based Financial Aid: Numerous need-based awards, including a no-loan program for middle income families, are also available through our Financial Aid Office. Tulane's Office of Financial Aid, together with the Federal Government, determines an applicant's financial need and awards aid to meet that need. Tulane requires that both the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the CSS Profile forms are submitted for students seeking need-based aid institutional aid from Tulane.
Use Tulane's Net Price Calculator to better assess what Tulane's actual cost will be for your family.
Below is a list of the Scholarships and Grants that Tulane awards:
Institutional Merit Scholarships
- Full tuition scholarships, The Dean's Honor Scholarship and The Paul Tulane Award: Students applying for the DHS or The Paul Tulane Award must apply either Early Action or Single Choice Early Action and submit the application for admission and all supporting materials by November 15th; DHS and Paul Tulane Award application materials are then due by December 15th.
- Total cost scholarship, The Stamps-Tulane Award: Applicants must apply for the Dean’s Honor Scholarship by December 15 and must also submit an Early Action or Single Choice Early Action application by November 15.
- Community Service Scholarship: Applications are due January 15 and winners will be notified by April 1. Please email completed application to email@example.com.
- Various other merit awards ranging from $10,000 to $30,000 per year, including The Leadership Award, The Academic Achievement Award, The Founder's Scholarship, The Distinguished Scholar Award and The Presidential Scholarship
Transfer Student Scholarships
Louisiana Resident Scholarships
- Valedictorian's Scholarship
- John Hainkel Louisiana Scholars Award
- Louisiana Leveraging Educational Assistance Program (LEAP) Grant
- Legislative Scholarship
- Mayoral Scholarship
- Louisiana Tuition Opportunity Program for Students (TOPS)
- Tulane Need-Based Scholarship
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- NOLA (No-Loan Assistance) Scholarship
Did You Know?
The diverse student body at Tulane represents all 50 states and more than 40 different countries.