For Louisiana Residents
Tulane awards millions of dollars in financial aid to Louisiana students every single year. Louisiana students qualify for many merit-based scholarships in addition to need-based scholarships, grants, and loans.
Tulane's Focus Louisiana program is a set of financial aid and admission initiatives aimed to encourage prospective students from Louisiana to explore the opportunities available at Tulane. Tulane offers guaranteed admission to Louisiana students who meet certain academic and curricular qualifications. These initiatives are offered to students graduating from Louisiana secondary schools and residing in the state.
FOCUS LOUISIANA MERIT SCHOLARSHIPSLegislative Scholarship
- To be considered:
- You must be a Louisiana student admitted into Newcomb-Tulane College as a full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate
- Students should submit a completed Legislative Scholarship Program Disclosure Form by April 1
- Students admitted through Early Action or Early Decision will receive this form via email by mid-January
- Students admitted through Regular Decision (and currently enrolled students) will receive this form via email by mid-March
- Tulane receives nomination forms from legislators in mid-April
- The Office of Financial Aid notifies students meeting scholarship criteria that they've received the award in late April
- Current Legislative Scholarship recipients who are re-nominated for the award – and continue to satisfy program requirements – should refer to Gibson Online for notification after spring semester grades are posted
- Questions? Review Frequently Asked Questions, or contact Marcia Taylor in Tulane's Office Government and Community Relations at email@example.com or 504.988.3393.
- If you are a prospective student-athlete seeking an athletic scholarship as well as the Legislative Scholarship, contact the Tulane Athletics Compliance Office.
- Scholarship nomination guidelines for legislators are available here.
- Awarded to valedictorians graduating from Louisiana high schools
- Valued at $5,000 per year, applicable to tuition, room, and/or board
- Renewable for four years, (or five years if the student enrolls in the School of Architecture)
- Continued eligibility requires students maintain a minimum 3.00 GPA and continuous enrollment at Tulane University as a full-time undergraduate
- To be considered:
- Submit a complete application for admission
- Pay your commitment deposit to enroll at Tulane by May 1
- Be officially designated by your secondary school as the school's valedictorian
- Have your school submit a verification form after final semester grades have been awarded
- Note: If a school designates more than one valedictorian, and more than one enrolls at Tulane, the scholarship will be divided equally among the students who enroll at Tulane.
In addition to these initiatives, Tulane continues to sponsor the Mayoral Scholarship program for Louisiana students, which requires an additional application. Louisiana residents who demonstrate financial need may be considered for additional Tulane-awarded need-based aid. Louisiana residents may also apply the Louisiana TOPS Award (Taylor Opportunity Program for Students) toward the cost of attending Tulane. TOPS is typically worth over $4,500 per year, and the majority of students who enroll at Tulane are eligible for the additional $800 yearly stipend.
Did You Know?
Tulane University owns approximately 50,000 acres of land in five states — Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico.