Through Focus Louisiana, Tulane offers several programs to encourage prospective students from Louisiana to explore the opportunities available at Tulane.
Louisiana Campus Preview Days
Each semester, Tulane hosts on-campus programs specifically for Louisiana students. Click the above link for dates and registration.
In order to qualify for guaranteed admission, applicants must apply Early Action or Single Choice Early Action by November 15th and:
- Reside in Louisiana
- Attend or have graduated from a Louisiana high school at the time of application
- Achieve a 28+ on the ACT Composite or 1870+ on the SAT Combined
- Have a 3.5+ cumulative GPA (unweighted, 4.00 scale) at the time of application in English, foreign language, science, social science, and college preparatory mathematics courses taken while in high school
- Complete 4 years of English, 3 years of social sciences, 3 years of lab science, 3 years of mathematics, and 2 years of foreign language
- Have no prior college attendance after high school graduation
- Have no suspensions, expulsions, or disciplinary violations
Louisiana Guaranteed Admission applies to Early Action and Single Choice Early Action decisions only. No students will be eligible for guaranteed admission when reviewed in the Regular Decision round.
International students graduating from Louisiana high schools and applying for F1 student visas require additional documents for admission. Contact an international Admission Counselor for more information.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Tulane offers various scholarships to students graduating from Louisiana high schools and accepts TOPS scholarships and stipends.
Tulane's School of Continuing Studies offers talented Louisiana students the opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school.
Did You Know?
Tulane's student-run newspaper, The Hullabaloo, has won the Associated Collegiate Press' Pacemaker Award for best college newspaper a number of times, including in 2013, 2011, 2002, 1998, 1996, and 1994.