Focus Louisiana is Tulane's admission and financial aid initiative for Louisiana residents: we offer several programs to encourage prospective students from Louisiana to explore the opportunities available at Tulane.
Louisiana Week at Tulane – Each semester, we host on-campus programs specifically for Louisiana students. Click here to see a sample schedule of the day's events. Fall 2013 Louisiana student Campus Preview Day will take place on Saturday, September 28th. RSVP for Fall 2013 Louisiana Campus Preview Day!
We offer guaranteed admission to Tulane for any Louisiana resident graduating from a Louisiana high school and meeting the following criteria:
- The student must apply Early Action or Single Choice Early Action, (postmark deadline November 15th)
- ACT Comprehensive score of 28 or higher (with a 28 or higher on the Writing section) or a combined SAT score of 1870 or higher
- A grade point average of 3.50 or higher (based on an unweighted 4.00 scale) in English, foreign language, science, social science and college preparatory mathematics courses taken while in high school
- Completion, prior to enrollment at Tulane, of a secondary school program consisting of four years of English, three years of social science, three years of lab science, three years of mathematics, and two years of foreign language
- No prior college attendance after high school graduation
- No suspensions or expulsions from school
Please visit this page in order to learn more about concurrent enrollment opportunities for Louisiana high school students.
Did You Know?
“The Pelican Brief,” a 1993 thriller starring Denzel Washington and Julia Roberts, was filmed on Tulane’s campus.