This page provides a step-by-step overview of Tulane's application process.
STEP 1: Review our checklist and application requirements.
- High school curriculum requirements
- Additional submission requirements for transfer, international, and home school students
- Admission and financial aid programs for Louisiana students
STEP 2: Select the application timeline that is right for you.
- Early Action (EA) is designed for students who wish to complete the admission process early in their senior year.
- EA does not restrict a student from applying to other schools or applying for Tulane scholarships and financial aid.
- If a student is not admitted in the EA pool, Tulane may defer the admission decision, ask for further supporting materials, and reconsider the application during Regular Decision.
- Early Decision (ED) is designed for students who wish to complete the application process early in their senior year.
- ED designates that Tulane is a student's first-choice institution and that they commit to enroll if admitted.
- ED applicants must submit a completed Early Decision Agreement form to be reviewed for admission.
- ED applicants have the option to participate in the Early Decision Interview Program, in which applicants are matched with a Tulane alumnus/a for an interview to occur between September 1 and October 15.
- If admitted to Tulane via ED, students must withdraw applications to other colleges and universities.
- If a student is not admitted in the ED pool, Tulane may defer the admission decision, ask for further supporting materials, and reconsider the application during Regular Decision.
STEP 3: Apply. We accept the Common Application or the Tulane online application. Each is evaluated in the same way.
STEP 4: Check your email for information on logging into your Application Status Portal. There, you can review your application checklist and begin working on separate scholarship applications. You will also receive information on logging into Gibson Online, where you may monitor the financial aid process.
- Application (including list of activities and personal statement)
- High School Transcript
- Secondary School Report/Guidance Counselor Recommendation*
- SAT or ACT Scores
- Portfolio or audition materials (optional)
*We do not require teacher recommendations (only a counselor recommendation), but we are happy to review additional recommendations you submit. Please submit extra recommendations in PDF format. Your recommender or counselor may submit additional recommendations electronically (through Naviance or SENDedu) or via email to email@example.com.
Did You Know?
Tulane's libraries are ranked among the top 120 research libraries in North America.