Below you'll find a step-by-step overview of Tulane's application process.
Review our checklist and application requirements.
Select the application timeline that is right for you:
Early Action (Non-binding)
Application Deadline: November 15
Decision Notification: January 15
Deposit Deadline: May 1
- Early Action (EA) is designed for students who wish to complete the admission process early in their senior year.
- EA does not restrict a student from applying to other schools or applying for Tulane scholarships and financial aid.
- If a student is not admitted in the EA pool, Tulane may defer the admission decision, ask for further supporting materials, and reconsider the application during Regular Decision.
- EA applicants may indicate their interest in participating in an optional alumni interview program. Not all applicants will be offered an interview. Lack of an interview will not adversely affect a student’s application.
Early Decision (Binding)
Application Deadline: November 1
Decision Notification: December 15
Deposit Deadline: January 15
- Early Decision (ED) is designed for students whose first choice is Tulane University.
- ED is a binding decision, and students admitted through the ED timeline are committed to withdrawing all applications from other universities and enrolling at Tulane.
- ED applicants, a parent, and a guidance counselor must sign the Early Decision Agreement form in order for the ED application to be considered complete.
- ED applicants may indicate their interest in participating in an optional alumni interview program. Not all applicants will be offered an interview. Lack of an interview will not adversely affect a student’s application.
Application Deadline: January 15
Decision Notification: April 1
Deposit Deadline: May 1
We accept the Common Application or the Tulane online application. Each is evaluated in the same way.
There, you can review your application checklist and begin working on separate scholarship applications. You will also receive information on logging into Gibson Online, where you may monitor the financial aid process.
*We do not require teacher recommendations (only a counselor recommendation), but we are happy to review additional recommendations you submit. Please submit extra recommendations in PDF format. Your recommender or counselor may submit additional recommendations electronically (through Naviance or SENDedu) or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.