Tulane awards millions of dollars in financial aid to Louisiana students every single year. Louisiana students qualify for many merit-based scholarships in addition to need-based scholarships, grants, and loans.
Tulane's Focus Louisiana program is a set of financial aid and admission initiatives aimed to encourage prospective students from Louisiana to explore the opportunities available at Tulane. Tulane offers guaranteed admission to Louisiana students who meet certain academic, curricular, and application qualifications. These initiatives are offered to students graduating from Louisiana secondary schools and residing in the state.
Focus Louisiana Merit Scholarships
Louisiana Excellence Award
This competitive scholarship provides four-year, full tuition awards to students who demonstrate excellence in academics and leadership in their community.
To be considered:
- Currently reside in Louisiana;
- Currently attend and plan to graduate from a high school in Louisiana;
- Complete the Common Application by the December 5th scholarship application deadline;
- Complete the CSS Profile by our financial aid deadlines;
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (if you are a U.S. citizen or eligible resident) by our financial aid deadlines;
- Submit supporting documentation when requested by our Office of Financial Aid;
- Complete the Tulane Scholarship Application, audition, or portfolio on your Green Wave Portal by December 5th.
In addition to these initiatives, Louisiana residents who demonstrate financial need may be considered for additional Tulane-awarded need-based aid. Louisiana residents may also apply the Louisiana TOPS Award (Taylor Opportunity Program for Students) toward the cost of attending Tulane.
Focus Louisiana Need-Based Scholarships
Louisiana Promise No Loan Assistance Scholarship
Louisiana Promise No Loan Assistance Scholarship = standard financial aid cost of attendance for Fall/Spring minus family’s institutionally-calculated expected financial contribution minus any other gift or non-loan assistance (excluding State of Louisiana scholarship funding)
Applicants eligible for consideration of the Louisiana Promise No Loan Assistance Scholarship funding will meet the following criteria:
- Have been admitted as a first-time, full-time freshman for a Fall semester (beginning in Fall 2021)
- Qualify for Tulane need-based Scholarship by April 15
- Have family federal adjusted gross income of less than $100,000 per year for the calendar year associated with prevailing financial aid applications
- Have primary residence within the State of Louisiana
- Have graduated or will graduate from a Louisiana high school
Legislative Scholars Program
- To be considered:
- You must be a Louisiana student admitted into Newcomb-Tulane College as a full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate
- Students should submit a completed Legislative Scholars Program Disclosure Form preferably by the early deadline of February 15 and at the latest by the final deadline of April 1
- Eligible admitted students may access the form within their Green Wave Portal
- Currently enrolled Tulane students will receive this form via email in mid-March
- Tulane receives nomination forms from legislators in mid-April
- The Office of Financial Aid notifies nominated students meeting scholarship criteria that they've received the award in late April
- Current Legislative Scholars who are re-nominated for the award – and continue to satisfy program requirements – should refer to Gibson Online for notification after spring semester grades are posted
- Questions? Review Frequently Asked Questions, or contact Marcia Taylor in Tulane's Office Government and Community Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 504.988.3393.
- If you are a prospective student-athlete seeking an athletic scholarship as well as the Legislative Scholars Program, contact the Tulane Athletics Compliance Office.
Mayoral Scholars Program
- To be considered:
- Offered admission to Tulane’s Newcomb-Tulane College as a first-time, full-time undergraduate freshman
- Residency in Orleans Parish
- Currently attend and graduate from a high school within Orleans Parish
- Demonstrate financial need based on the results of the FAFSA and CSS Profile
- Eligible admitted students may access the application form within their Green Wave portal.
- Questions? Review Frequently Asked Questions, or contact Kristin Guidry in Tulane's Office of Undergraduate Admission at email@example.com or 504.314.2371.