Through Focus Louisiana, Tulane offers several programs to encourage prospective students from Louisiana to explore the opportunities available at Tulane.
Guaranteed Admission Criteria
In order to qualify for guaranteed admission, applicants must apply Early Decision or Early Decision II by their corresponding deadlines and:
- Reside in Louisiana
- Attend or have graduated from a Louisiana high school at the time of application
- Achieve a 31+ superscore on the ACT (or a 1450 on the redesigned SAT)
- Have a 3.60+ core GPA (unweighted on a 4.0 scale where A = 4.0, A- = 3.667, B+ = 3.333, etc.) at the time of application in the following subjects while taken in high school: English, foreign language, science, social science, and college preparatory math.
- Complete 4 years of English, 3 years of social sciences, 3 years of lab science, 3 years of mathematics, and 2 years of foreign language
- Have no prior college attendance after high school graduation
- Have no suspensions, expulsions, or disciplinary violations
Louisiana Guaranteed Admission applies to Early Decision I and Early Decision 2. No students will be eligible for guaranteed admission if they apply in the Early Action or Regular Decision rounds.
International students graduating from Louisiana high schools and applying for F1 student visas require additional documents for admission. Contact an international Admission Counselor for more information.
Tulane offers various scholarships to students graduating from Louisiana high schools and accepts TOPS scholarships and stipends.
Tulane's School of Professional Advancement offers talented Louisiana students the opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school.
Read to learn more about initiatives Tulane is taking to support Louisiana students.